[hfs-user] Free Space galore

Gordon Beatty gbeatty@cpc.gc.ca
Thu, 27 Jan 2005 21:09:53 -0500

Hi,

	It's been a while since there's been any traffic on this list so
I guess I have the honour of posting the first mail of 2005.

	My question is not an HFSx one per se, however, it's it in the
ballpark: Since OS X.3 came along, the partition map is now being
populated by default with a number of Apple_Free partition entries
interspersing the user's specified partitions.  I'm curious whether
anyone knows the rationale behind this.  I have my theories but I'm
probing for a more definitive response, if one exists.

	Also, if a better venue exists for general Mac-formatted device
questions exists, perhaps someone from the list can share that
information.

	Thanks,

	Gord Beatty