[hfs-user] How to use fsck_hfs on an unmounted medium?

Pierre Duhem Pierre Duhem <lsduhem@duhem.com>
Mon, 14 Jun 2004 09:35:07 +0200

Mark,

>> For instance, I have a HFS+ image, burned on a CD-ROM, which doesn't
>> mount. The Disk Utility says that the node size is incorrect. I would
>> like to check what fsck_hfs says indeed. However, since the unmounted
>> CD-ROM is not listed by rge df command, which symbolic name should I
>> use?

MD> If you're using Disk Utility, then fsck_hfs isn't going to give you
MD> much more information.  The output you see in Disk Utility is actually
MD> coming from fsck_hfs (it execs fsck_hfs and displays the output in its
MD> window, formatted a bit differently).

Thanks for the information.

Not much more information, but more precisely, since fsck_hfs displays
a line stating which part of the disk it is testing. For some problems
occuring in a B-tree, for instance, it is better to know which one.

--
Bien  vous
Pierre Duhem