[hfs-user] How to use fsck_hfs on an unmounted medium?

Pierre Duhem Pierre Duhem <lsduhem@duhem.com>
Fri, 11 Jun 2004 17:38:42 +0200

Hello,

I think I now understand the way to use fsck_hfs and I'm very pleased
with it. I wish I would have known it in the past, when I first began
to work on the HFS media.

But back to the reason of my message:

I use the df command to know which symbolic name to use when launching the
utility. Is there a way to know wich symbolic name to use when the
volume is not mounted?

For instance, I have a HFS+ image, burned on a CD-ROM, which doesn't
mount. The Disk Utility says that the node size is incorrect. I would
like to check what fsck_hfs says indeed. However, since the unmounted
CD-ROM is not listed by rge df command, which symbolic name should I
use?

Thanks in advance for any information.

--
Best Regards