[hfs-user] Alphabetical order of items in a catalog node

Pierre Duhem Pierre Duhem <lsduhem@duhem.com>
Mon, 19 Apr 2004 14:58:54 +0200

Hello everybody,

I'm using Norton Disk Doctor v. 8 to check the HFS/HFS+ volumes I'm
producing and get a curious error message.

Norton says that the alphabetical order of the items in a node is
incorrect. It proposes to fix the matter and does it apprently. When I
check in the catalog node, however, I find it put a hidden folder
named '0000HFS+ Private Data' (with four null at the beginning of the
Unicode string) at the end of the current folder.

I thought that alphabetical order problems were a matter of the past
(remember the funny order of the accented letters?).

Does it make sense for you to put an Unicode character of 0x0000 at
the very end of the list?

--
Best Regards
Pierre Duhem