[hfs-user] Device (Driver) Descriptor Block and block size

Pierre Duhem Pierre Duhem <lsduhem@duhem.com>
Tue, 16 Mar 2004 11:52:24 +0100

Hi,

Following my messages, and after checking the DDB of a 250GB drive
formatted under Max OS X.2, I redid my homework:

0xFFFFFFFF * 0x200 = 0x1FFFFFFFE00, that is 2,199,023,255,040, that is 2,199GB.

I don't think such biests are for tomorrow morning.

In fact, I asked this question because I saw in one of my DVD images a FF in
the MSB byte of the block number long and was afraid of overflowing
rather soon.

It was in fact the overflow of the max capacity of a signed long in my
code. Remains to find where...

Thanks anyway.

--
Best Regards