[hfs-user] Floppy formatting

Pierre Duhem Pierre Duhem <lsduhem@duhem.com>
Thu, 26 Sep 2002 17:57:05 +0200

Simon,

SB> 4kb is the default block size for HFS+, 512B is the default for
SB> HFS. My understanding is that having a device without parition
SB> table is the norm for small devices.

Where does this "default block size" come? In my understanding, the
formatter sets the block size in the MBR (or in the VHB for HFS+). I
have already seen floppies formatted in HFS with 1024B/sector and they
seem to work OK.

On the other hand, I never had a formatter which formatted as a floppy
(I used Silver lining, FWB, Apple's own tools, Drivor, Formac's
formatter and many others). But I saw many media formatted as
floppies.

SB> Are you sure you have HFS support?

Yes. HFS and HFS+, under OS 8.1 and 10.1.4.

--
Bien  vous
Pierre Duhem