[hfs-user] hfsutils

Entwicklung entwicklung@whengenibk.de
Tue, 7 May 2002 12:26:24 +0200

Hello,
       Thanks for replying !

> Rob Leslie wrote :
> It is not the allocation block size but the total volume size which is
> likely to give hfsutils problems. Volumes >= 2GB require byte seek offsets
> to be represented with at least 32 unsigned bits, a condition that
> presents a problem on platforms where lseek() accepts a signed 32-bit
> offset.
>
> It's possible hfsutils could be changed to support volumes >= 2GB. Since
> hfsutils reads and writes using physical block (512-byte) addresses,
> perhaps even a simple cast in the call to lseek() would provide the
> required support on platforms where off_t is larger than 32 bits.

Which platforms are these ? Im using hfsutils under Suse Linux 7.3 and am
also using
xhfs. Is a call to lseek() being made in a number of places ? I'd like your
advice as to how I should proceed. I had to internally change a number of
variables in my prog. from 'int' to 'unsigned long' to avoid an overflow. If
I could do this in the related files of  fsutils and recompile or sth. to
make it work,
it would be great !

TIA,
Nandini