[hfs-user] Wrapper and Readme

Entwicklung entwicklung@whengenibk.de
Fri, 3 May 2002 10:44:08 +0200

------=_NextPart_000_0011_01C1F28F.749547F0

Hello Listers,
                      Thanks to the friendly feedback I got I managed to =
get started off with including an HFS-Wrapper in my code. It seems to =
work ok now but I'm not too sure... I only have access to an iMac with =
MacOS 9 - my HFS+ Volume gets displayed but how do I get to verify if =
the ReadMe I'm creating in the Wrapper is ok ? The volume is recognized =
as an HFS+ Volume (since the embedded volume seems to be getting mounted =
directly) and I can do a GetInfo on it. Do I necessarily need an older =
Mac which doesn't support HFS+ to get to see the ReadMe ?

I have one more question - Is it possible to have a Wrapper for =
HFS-volumes as well  - embedding an HFS-volume within another HFS-Volume =
? I guess this wouldn't have any benefits as such but theoretically it =
should be possible, right ?

-Nandini

The really bad thing about software=20
is debugging it is a real nightmare=20
when you weed one bug out=20
then ten new ones will sprout=20
'til you get as mad as a march hare

*****************************************************=20

------=_NextPart_000_0011_01C1F28F.749547F0

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Hello Listers,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial=20
size=3D2>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbs=
p;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
Thanks to the friendly feedback I got I managed to get started off with=20
including an HFS-Wrapper in my code. It seems to work ok now but I'm not =
too=20
sure... I only have access to an iMac with MacOS 9 - my HFS+ Volume gets =

displayed but how do I get to verify if the ReadMe I'm creating in the =
Wrapper=20
is ok ? The volume is recognized as an HFS+ Volume (since the embedded =
volume=20
seems to be getting mounted directly) and I can do a GetInfo on it. Do I =

necessarily need an older Mac which doesn't support HFS+ to get to see =
the=20
ReadMe ?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I have one more question - Is it =
possible to have a=20
Wrapper for HFS-volumes as well&nbsp; - embedding an HFS-volume within =
another=20
HFS-Volume ? I&nbsp;guess this wouldn't have any benefits as such but=20
theoretically it should be possible, right ?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>-Nandini</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial=20
size=3D2>**************************************************</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>
<P>&nbsp;</P>
<P>The really bad thing about software <BR>is debugging it is a real =
nightmare=20
<BR>when you weed one bug out <BR>then ten new ones will sprout <BR>'til =
you get=20
as mad as a march hare</P>
<P>&nbsp;</P>
</DIV></BODY></HTML>