[hfs-user] MacOS9.2 and MAC OS X

Patrick Dirks pwd@apple.com
Sun, 28 Apr 2002 15:25:36 -0700

I have no idea.  As far as I know there's nothing in Mac OS 9 that looks
at the content of a file to see if perhaps it's a text file.  Of course
it's possible different versions of SimpleText don't contain any check,
or that the check is just a change in what was selected for display in
StandardFile.  Clearly something's different between your system and
Biswaroop's.

-Patrick.