[hfs-user] Re: Hidden files

Emiel Kollof coolvibe@hackerheaven.org
Sun, 28 Apr 2002 18:21:37 +0200

Op zondag 28 april 2002 12:18, schreef Entwicklung:
> How does one get to see hidden files/ change the attributes on Mac OS 9 ?

[snip]

> Would be grateful for any tips/suggestions.

Open Terminal.app, cd /, ls -l

there ya go.. Oh you want to see them in the finder? Open finder, type
<apple>+~ and type the path you'd like to go. You can make hidden files by
naming a file with the UNIX convention that files that start with a dot (.)
are hidden. But that's just the UNIX way of marking files hidden. I think
what people mean with ResEdit is that you can set certain HFS flags that mark
it as 'hidden' as well.

Just my 2 Eurocents,
Emiel Kollof
--
What publishers are looking for these days isn't radical feminism.
It's corporate feminism -- a brand of feminism designed to sell books