[hfs-user] Restrictions on root/index nodes ???

Entwicklung entwicklung@whengenibk.de
Tue, 26 Mar 2002 08:37:14 +0100

------=_NextPart_000_010D_01C1D4A1.6DEB60D0

Hello listers,
                I've encountered a problem which I am not able to =
attribute to anything particular and would like to know if I am making =
any basic mistake or have overlooked something.

I'm creating a catalog B-Tree with 1 root node (index) containing five =
ptr recs to a second level of five index nodes, each of which contains =
11 pointer records to 11 leaf nodes each.
The problem I'm facing is that the files referenced by the last 22 ptr =
recs i.e. in the last 2 lower level index nodes
are not readable on my Mac although the correct Icons do appear and all =
my files are displayed.

I think there must be some problem with the referencing (data fork =
locations in the leaf nodes) so I checked this but it seems to be fine =
(just like it is for the first 3 index nodes which work perfectly) . =
Since all the icons get displayed correctly I thought the problem must =
lie within the leaf nodes but this doesn't seem to be the case.
On my Mac I get an error of the form "Schreib/Lese Fehler" or =
"Read/Write error"..... What could this be due to ? Checking with =
hfsutils under Linux gives me the error "Wrong logical location" or =
similar.... does anybody know what this is due to?

I think it must be some basic mistake I am making (related to the =
HFS-Specifications perhaps ?) but I have been unable to narrow it down =
so far..(hlp!).. would be glad of some professional advice.

Regards,
Nandini Hengen

------=_NextPart_000_010D_01C1D4A1.6DEB60D0

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Hello listers,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial=20
size=3D2>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbs=
p;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
I've encountered a problem which I am not able to attribute to anything=20
particular and would like to know if I am making any basic mistake or =
have=20
overlooked something.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I'm creating a catalog B-Tree with 1 =
root node=20
(index) containing five ptr recs to a second level of five index nodes, =
each of=20
which contains 11 pointer records to 11 leaf nodes each.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>The problem I'm facing is that the =
files referenced=20
by the last 22 ptr recs i.e. in the last 2 lower level index =
nodes</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>are&nbsp;not readable on my Mac =
although the=20
correct Icons do appear and all my files are displayed.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I think there must be some problem with =
the=20
referencing (data fork locations in the leaf nodes) so I checked this =
but it=20
seems to be fine (just like it is for the first 3 index nodes which work =

perfectly) . Since all the icons get displayed correctly I thought the =
problem=20
must lie within the leaf nodes but this doesn't seem to be the=20
case.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>On my Mac I get an error of the form =
"Schreib/Lese=20
Fehler" or "Read/Write error"..... What could this be due to ? Checking =
with=20
hfsutils&nbsp;under Linux gives me the error "Wrong logical location" or =

similar.... does anybody know what this is due to?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I think it must be some basic mistake I =
am making=20
(related to the HFS-Specifications perhaps ?) but I have been unable to =
narrow=20
it down so far..(hlp!).. would be glad of some professional =
advice.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Regards,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Nandini =
Hengen</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_010D_01C1D4A1.6DEB60D0--