[hfs-user] Re: Mapping of...

Simon Bazley sibaz@eyeeye.com
Wed, 20 Mar 2002 17:41:44 +0000

As I understand it the mac looking at your CD will check the application tag of
a file against the applications is has installed, and if appropriate, get an
icon and display it.  If there is no application data, it assumes its a dos file
and tries to work thigns out by extension (if modern os's).  The Resource file
can contain icon information, but I think this is only for applications.
I would definately suggest you look at the etc/AppleVolumes.system file and
start from there.  Try that before anything else.  It worked in my office
without me having to do anything.

Simon