[hfs-user] Mapping of filename-extensions

Entwicklung entwicklung@whengenibk.de
Wed, 20 Mar 2002 16:22:17 +0100

Thanks a ton ! That's exactly what I needed.

Regards,
Nandini Hengen

----- Original Message -----
From: "Chris Harwell" <charwell@digitalpulp.com>
To: "Entwicklung" <entwicklung@whengenibk.de>
Sent: Wednesday, March 20, 2002 4:23 PM
Subject: Re: [hfs-user] Mapping of filename-extensions

> On Wed, 20 Mar 2002, Entwicklung wrote:
>
> > Hello everybody,
> >                      I'm looking for some kind of exhaustive list which
maps filename extensions onto creator and filetype for MacOS ...say files
with extension ".pdf" could be mapped on to a default filetype "PDF " and
default creator "CARO" (4-byte values).

> > I could get hold of these mappings using a freeware tool and a bit of
reverse-engineering but I'd rather stick to a standard mapping if anything
like that is available. Somebody had told me I could retrieve this info from
a Sytem-file on my iMac but I was unable to open this file and view its
contents.