[hfs-user] Fw: desktop database

Entwicklung entwicklung@whengenibk.de
Sun, 17 Mar 2002 20:13:31 +0100

------=_NextPart_000_0009_01C1CDF0.35B9F8F0

Hello,
        I had sent the following email a couple of weeks back to some =
Apple employees who respond frequently to the hfs-user mailing list. But =
I didn't get any response from them. This is a general request to anyone =
on the list who cares to respond. In case it is not at all possible to =
get the data I need I would be grateful if someone from Apple could tell =
me that explicitly so that I could look for alternatives / continue with =
implementing other aspects.
My previous email follows -

Hi,
   I had written to the list a few days back asking for info. regarding =
the desktop DB since I was unable to find any specific links on the web =
and had heard that Apple doesn't want it openly documented for some =
reason.
=20
One person had written that Apple wouldn't provide users with the =
related info for proprietary reasons.
But one other person wrote to me saying I could probably request Apple =
for any technical info. needed. Is this possible at all ?=20
I remember that after one of our earlier discussions I had come to the =
conclusion that a DTDB would be necessary to improve the =
user-experience. But the question is .. where do I get info. as to the =
structure of these 'hidden' files in an HFS-image ? I'm beginning to =
think there's no light at the end of the tunnel..... :(

Would be grateful for any info / links.

Regards,
Nandini Hengen

------=_NextPart_000_0009_01C1CDF0.35B9F8F0

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Hello,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial =
size=3D2>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; I had=20
sent the following email a couple of weeks back to some Apple employees =
who=20
respond frequently to the hfs-user mailing list. But I didn't get any =
response=20
from them. This is a general request to anyone on the list who cares to =
respond.=20
In case it is not at all possible to get the data I need I would be =
grateful if=20
someone from Apple could tell me that explicitly so that I could look =
for=20
alternatives / continue with implementing other aspects.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>My previous email follows =
-</FONT></DIV>
<DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial">&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><BR></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Hi,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>&nbsp;&nbsp; I had written to the list =
a few days=20
back asking for info. regarding the desktop DB since&nbsp;I was unable =
to find=20
any specific links on the web and had heard that Apple doesn't want it =
openly=20
documented for some reason.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>One person had written that Apple =
wouldn't provide=20
users with the related info for proprietary reasons.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>But one other person wrote to me saying =
I could=20
probably request Apple for any technical info. needed. Is this possible =
at all ?=20
</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I remember that after one of our =
earlier=20
discussions I had come to the conclusion that a DTDB would be necessary =
to=20
improve the user-experience. But the question is&nbsp;.. where do I get =
info. as=20
to the structure of these 'hidden' files in an HFS-image ? I'm beginning =
to=20
think there's no light at the end of the tunnel..... :(</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Would be grateful for any info /=20
links.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Regards,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Nandini =
Hengen</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0009_01C1CDF0.35B9F8F0--