[hfs-user] Type and Creator Information for Windows files.

Patrick Dirks pwd@apple.com
Fri, 8 Mar 2002 16:21:20 -0800

--Apple-Mail-5-818858662

Hello Biswaroop,

You seem to be going through an awful lot of hard work to create a=20
Windows-based CD-ROM authoring application when there must be a number=20=

of them already available.  May I ask why you're starting from scratch=20=

on one?

For what it's worth, there's an awful lot of information about CD-ROMs=20=

and other optical media on the Optical Storage Technology Association's=20=

web site.  They have a Question & Answer section at

	http://www.osta.org/technology/cdqa.htm

which includes a lengthy listing of all sorts of CD-ROM related=20
resources at

	http://www.osta.org/technology/cdqa14.htm

including a list of recording software developers at

	http://www.osta.org/technology/cdqa14.htm#e

Hope that helps.

Good luck,
-Pat Dirks.

On Thursday, March 7, 2002, at 02:26 AM, Biswaroop Banerjee wrote:

> Hi Everybody,
> =A0
> =A0 Can anybody of u give me the types of files found on a Windows =
volume=20
> which can be opened on a Mac system also.
> =A0 I know of the following list..
> =A01. HTML files
> 2.=A0 GIF image files
> 3. Text files( should i convert "CRLF" combinations to "CR" for=20
> Macintosh
> 4. PDF documents
> =A0 Please add to these list if u know something more..
> =A0
> =A0Again , how to find the CREATOR and TYPE fields for the above =
formats.
> =A0If i write "????" as default creator and default field types for =
any=20
> unknown file format..Will it work???
> =A0
> =A0Waiting for u inputs.
> =A0
> =A0regards
> =A0Biswaroop Banerjee

--Apple-Mail-5-818858662

Hello Biswaroop,

You seem to be going through an awful lot of hard work to create a
Windows-based CD-ROM authoring application when there must be a number
of them already available.  May I ask why you're starting from scratch
on one?

For what it's worth, there's an awful lot of information about CD-ROMs
and other optical media on the Optical Storage Technology
Association's web site.  They have a Question & Answer section at