[hfs-user] Mkhybrid application and HFS image

James Pearson jcpearso@ps.ucl.ac.uk
Fri, 08 Mar 2002 11:02:37 +0000

> Can anybody tell me whether the image file created by the
> mkhybrid premastering application on Linux dumps the
> files 2 times i.e. once for the ISO and then for the HFS.
> or they dump the file contents only once and provide
> ISO view and HFS view for the same.
> If not?? then is it possible how to do it??

Note: the mkhybrid code is now part of mkisofs. You should be using
mkisofs instead of mkhybrid.

mkisofs creates a "shared" HFS hybrid i.e. the file data only exists once
on the CD.

>  Again, can anybody give me a link to shareware programs
>  on Windows which will create HFS image from Windows selected files

mkisofs can be compiled on Windows - using the Cygwin environment.
The cdrtools package (mkisofs is part of cdrtools) should provide info
on this.

James Pearson