[hfs-user] Thanks

Biswaroop Banerjee Biswaroop Banerjee" <biswaroopb@integramicro.com
Thu, 7 Mar 2002 16:44:26 +0530

------=_NextPart_000_00CE_01C1C5F7.5812B6E0

Dear Mark,
  First of all I want to thank you
 from my heart the help you are giving to me and others on the list.
Your positive and detailed responses makes me feel secured
that atlest someone is there to
solve my queries.
Keep on the good work!brother.

Some more queries..

1. As my CD image creation program is for Windows platforms.There both =
':'
and "\0" are invalid characters for filenames.So, I wont face the =
problem,i
believe.
I will be using "TCHAR*" than "char*" for strings .My aim is HFS CD
image.So,can u tell me if the
 end user selects some files from a Windows volume(eg. Korean =
windows)that
means filenames will
 be in Korean then the HFS image(which I will create from the selected =
files
by the End user)
 will not be "understood" by a Mac machine (for eg. in English)or
vice-versa.Am I right???

2. As u said Mac OS supports many character encodings.Is there any field =
in
the HFS volume
   where information about the character set used is stored?

3. (Most Important for me)please suggest.
     For my understanding I am reffering to "mkhybrid" and "mkhfs"
application code and trying
   to do it on Windows. You must be already aware of these premastering
applications for Linux.
   I am trying to understand the implementation logic of the B*tree from
them and how they
   create the Image file. I just want an answer Whether my approach is
correct and what more
   I should be in touch?? As far my understanding the latter part is =
going
to be same(I mean the logic of creating the HFS filesystem will be =
same)only
the selection of files and their validations will be different??

  Waitng for your answers anxiously!
 regards
 Biswaroop Banerjee

------=_NextPart_000_00CE_01C1C5F7.5812B6E0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Dwindows-1252">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><FONT size=3D3>Dear Mark,<BR>&nbsp; =
First of all I=20
want to thank you<BR>&nbsp;from my heart the help you are giving to me =
and=20
others on the list.<BR>Your positive and detailed responses makes me =
feel=20
secured<BR>that atlest someone is there to<BR>solve my queries.<BR>Keep =
on the=20
good work!brother.<BR><BR>Some more queries..<BR><BR>1. As my CD image =
creation=20
program is for Windows platforms.There both ':'<BR>and "\0" are invalid=20
characters for filenames.So, I wont face the problem,i<BR>believe.<BR>I =
will be=20
using "TCHAR*" than "char*" for strings .My aim is HFS =
CD<BR>image.So,can u tell=20
me if the<BR>&nbsp;end user selects some files from a Windows volume(eg. =
Korean=20
windows)that<BR>means filenames will<BR>&nbsp;be in Korean then the HFS=20
image(which I will create from the selected files<BR>by the End=20
user)<BR>&nbsp;will not be "understood" by a Mac machine (for eg. in=20
English)or<BR>vice-versa.Am I right???<BR><BR>2. As u said Mac OS =
supports many=20
character encodings.Is there any field in<BR>the HFS =
volume<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
where information about the character set used is stored?<BR><BR>3. =
(Most=20
Important for me)please suggest.<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; For my=20
understanding I am reffering to "mkhybrid" and "mkhfs"<BR>application =
code and=20
trying<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp; to do it on Windows. You must be already aware of =
these=20
premastering<BR>applications for Linux.<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp; I am trying to=20
understand the implementation logic of the B*tree from<BR>them and how=20
they<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp; create the Image file. I just want an answer =
Whether my=20
approach is<BR>correct and what more<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp; I should be in =
touch?? As=20
far my understanding the latter part is going<BR>to be same(I mean the =
logic of=20
creating the HFS filesystem will be same)only<BR>the selection of files =
and=20
their validations will be different??<BR><BR>&nbsp; Waitng for your =
answers=20
anxiously!<BR>&nbsp;regards<BR>&nbsp;Biswaroop =
Banerjee</FONT><BR></FONT></DIV>

------=_NextPart_000_00CE_01C1C5F7.5812B6E0--