[hfs-user] Curious about the current interest in HFS ...

Entwicklung entwicklung@whengenibk.de
Sun, 24 Feb 2002 13:01:01 +0100

I'm a student working part-time on a filesystems project and was just given
an outline of the project requirements to start off. I enrolled myself as
part of the student-dev and darwin-development mailing lists but the topics
discussed there are not really relevant to my requirements... besides I end
up getting more than a 100 mails from these which I can't really use
purposefully.

I'm glad that people have slowly started responding on this list and that a
healthy discussion of issues seems to have begun.... as compared to the
other apple mailing-lists I had begun to assume that this list was pretty
much in hibernation :)

> May be my assumption is a bit naive, but especially for writing CDs for
> Macs on non-Mac platforms, creating a Rock Ridge/Joliet CD is much easier
> than an HFS or HFS hybrid CD ...

I'm not too sure but do older Macs support Roc Ridge/Joliet too? I'm sure
there aren't too many people using older Macs but maybe this has to to do
with making things easier for them (?)

> P.S. does anyone else that posts to this list get a reply from
> "<abuse@microsoft.com>" ...

Aargh!...don't tell me they're mailing you too!....I don't intend to contact
Microsoft (by no means!) but their mails always begin with a 'Thank you for
contacting Microsoft...." ...maybe they don't know they're part of this list
? Besides if they're offering constructive suggestions we should be hearing
from 'support' not 'abuse'  I think. I wrote to them about this once and  it
doesn't seem to have made any difference.

Regards,
Nandini