[hfs-user] Curious about the current interest in HFS ...

James Pearson jcpearso@ps.ucl.ac.uk
Sun, 24 Feb 2002 10:28:59 +0000

Having had virtually no traffic on this list for ages, over the past few
weeks or so, there seems to have been a rush of interest in HFS/HFS+ ...

I'm just curious to as why ...

I must admit that I haven't really kept up to date with more 'recent'
Apple developments (HFS+, MacOS X, etc), but I had assumed that as MacOS X
doesn't actually need the 'extras' HFS+ supplies, then HFS+ would eventually
disappear.

May be my assumption is a bit naive, but especially for writing CDs for
Macs on non-Mac platforms, creating a Rock Ridge/Joliet CD is much easier
than an HFS or HFS hybrid CD ...

James Pearson

P.S. does anyone else that posts to this list get a reply from
"<abuse@microsoft.com>" ...