[hfs-user] HFS under DOS

James Pearson jcpearso@ps.ucl.ac.uk
Fri, 22 Feb 2002 23:12:34 +0000

>There is a standard layout that a mac uses on a DOS floppy, so that it
>can support all the AppleDouble files and all the rest.  Can someone
>tell me where its documented.

If you're talking about "PC Exchange", then I'm not sure if the layout was ever
published. What I found out about it is in the mkisofs/mkhybrid source code.

>I want to know how HFS+ should look when its mounted on a system that
>doesn't support forks.

I don't know if there is a 'standard' way ... the HFS support under Linux
can make the resource fork and finder info appear if the files are in CAP,
AppleDouble or Netatalk format.

HFS support under IRIX makes the files appear if they are in 'XINET' format.

James Pearson