[hfs-user] Desktop Database

Entwicklung entwicklung@whengenibk.de
Fri, 22 Feb 2002 20:02:55 +0100

------=_NextPart_000_0018_01C1BBDB.EAC670B0

Hi,
   Could someone tell me where exactly to find some documentation on the =
desktop DB for an external HFS volume?=20
I came across some interesting info on Thomas Tempelmann's developer's =
site and it said that one would have to request Apple for further =
technical info (?!) but the website didn't really furnish the kind of =
details I need.
I basically need info. as to how and where exactly (in the image) this =
file has to be present and what its exact contents (structure) =
are...links to any sample code, open sources or headers related to this =
would be greatly appreciated.  =20

The technical notes for HFS+ and the related documentation for HFS =
volumes (part of Inside Macintosh) don't seem to contain elaborate info =
on this either.

Regards,
Nandini Hengen

PS. Thanks to everybody who replied to my previous mail on 'embedded =
volumes'.... I've come to the conclusion I'll need one after all.....at =
least at a later stage (once I start dealing with HFS+) to ensure that =
my CD-RW HFS+ volumes don't get erased on earlier Macs...

------=_NextPart_000_0018_01C1BBDB.EAC670B0

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Hi,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>&nbsp;&nbsp; Could someone tell me =
where exactly to=20
find some documentation on the desktop DB for an external HFS volume?=20
</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I came across some interesting info on =
Thomas=20
Tempelmann's developer's site and it said that one would have to request =
Apple=20
for further technical info (?!) but the website didn't really furnish =
the kind=20
of details I need.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I basically need info. as to =
how&nbsp;and where=20
exactly (in the image) this file&nbsp;has to be present =
and&nbsp;what&nbsp;its=20
exact contents (structure) are...links to any sample code, open sources =
or=20
headers related to this would be greatly appreciated.&nbsp;&nbsp; =
</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>The technical notes for HFS+ and the related documentation for HFS =
volumes=20
(part of Inside Macintosh) don't seem to contain elaborate info on this=20
either.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Regards,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Nandini Hengen</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>PS. Thanks to everybody who replied to my previous mail on =
'embedded=20
volumes'....&nbsp;I've come to the conclusion I'll need one after =
all.....at=20
least at a later stage (once I start dealing with HFS+) to ensure that =
my CD-RW=20
HFS+ volumes don't get erased on earlier=20
Macs...</DIV></FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0018_01C1BBDB.EAC670B0--