[hfs-user] Volume-Names in HFS

Entwicklung entwicklung@whengenibk.de
Thu, 7 Feb 2002 15:34:38 +0100

------=_NextPart_000_0011_01C1AFEC.F3FCFAF0

Hello,
        My HFS-Volume seems to be recognized if I give the Volume a name =
with an odd no. of characters say "NEW" but fails to be recognized if =
the name is say "NAND_HFS". Does anybody know of a possible reason why =
this is happening ?

I think this had something to do with the key length field. In my case - =
if the volume name is even hence implying that the associated key does =
not end on an even byte boundary (where applicable), i byte is added for =
padding but the key-length and name length fields are maintained as =
before. In those keys which have to be of size=3Dmaximum key length the =
padding with zeroes is done in any case.
Does anybody know if something else needs to be changed ?

TIA,
Nandini Hengen

------=_NextPart_000_0011_01C1AFEC.F3FCFAF0

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Hello,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial =
size=3D2>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; My=20
HFS-Volume seems to be recognized if I give the Volume a name with =
an&nbsp;odd=20
no. of characters say "NEW" but fails to be recognized if the name is =
say=20
"NAND_HFS". Does anybody know of a possible reason why this is happening =

?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I&nbsp;think this had something to do =
with the key=20
length field. In my case - if the volume name is even hence implying =
that the=20
associated key does not end on an even byte boundary (where =
applicable),&nbsp;i=20
byte is added for padding but the key-length and name length =
fields&nbsp;are=20
maintained as before. In those keys which have to be of size=3Dmaximum =
key length=20
the padding with zeroes is done in any case.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Does anybody know if something else =
needs to be=20
changed ?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>TIA,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Nandini =
Hengen</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0011_01C1AFEC.F3FCFAF0--