[hfs-user] HFS verification & testing

Entwicklung entwicklung@whengenibk.de
Fri, 11 Jan 2002 08:00:09 +0100

------=_NextPart_000_0018_01C19A75.FD9FE450

Hello everyone !
                       I've been looking for documentation to read up on =
HFS/HFS+ and hybrid a bit since I have to test an existing HFS-Format. =
Does anyone know of any test-software which is freely downloadable for =
the purpose of testing HFS-CD's? The most basic test would be of course =
to see if the CD is readable by a Mac but that wouldn't point out the =
individual errors present in the format generated or where exactly these =
errors are occuring.
In case of UDF which is another fs format a UDF-verifier from Philips is =
freely downloadable from the internet and extremely useful in pointing =
out the individual errors present in an image i.e. at which points it =
fails to conform to the UDF-Standard. Does anyone happen to have/know of =
anything similar for HFS which one could use for this purpose ?

As far as documentation is concerned I have the technical notes for =
HFS-Plus and chapter 2 of 'Inside Macintosh' for HFS. I couldn't come =
across any other literature of significance. I'd be grateful for any =
further links as well.

Regards,
Nandini Hengen

------=_NextPart_000_0018_01C19A75.FD9FE450

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Hello everyone !</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial=20
size=3D2>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbs=
p;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp=
;I've=20
been looking for documentation to read up on HFS/HFS+ and hybrid a bit =
since I=20
have to test an existing HFS-Format. Does anyone know of any =
test-software=20
which&nbsp;is freely downloadable for the purpose of testing HFS-CD's? =
The most=20
basic test would be of course to see if the CD is readable by a Mac but =
that=20
wouldn't point out the individual errors present in the format generated =
or=20
where exactly these errors are occuring.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>In case of UDF which is another fs =
format a=20
UDF-verifier from Philips is freely downloadable from the internet and =
extremely=20
useful in pointing out the individual errors present in an image i.e. at =
which=20
points it fails to conform to the UDF-Standard. Does anyone happen to =
have/know=20
of anything similar for&nbsp;HFS which one could use for this purpose=20
?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>As far as documentation is concerned I =
have the=20
technical notes for HFS-Plus and chapter 2 of 'Inside Macintosh' for =
HFS. I=20
couldn't come across any other literature of significance. I'd be =
grateful for=20
any further links as well.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Regards,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Nandini =
Hengen</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0018_01C19A75.FD9FE450--