hfsutils use on hfs+ volume?

Yannick Bedhomme hfs-interest@ccs.neu.edu
Sat, 16 Jun 2001 18:25:27 +0200

> Can I safely use hfsutils to "bless" a folder on an hfs+ partition, using:
>   hattrib -b hfs-path     ????

I don't think so.
HFS+ and HFS volume headers aren't the same.
And if there is a HFS wrapper (which is likely if the partition has been
initialised with an Apple tool -- I don't think there is another mean
now), this won't be verry useful.

I didn't check recently what's the status of HFSPlusUtils ...
<http://penguinppc.org/files/users/hasi/>
There doesn't seem to be anything like hattrib yet.

And the HFS+ module project, now at
<http://sourceforge.net/projects/linux-hfsplus/>
is not really active either.

Bad news, sorry.
Every one thinks one could reuse the HFS/HFS+ code from Darwin, but the
one should check the restrictions from the APSL first ...

Hope you'll find a solution, you could maybe use the space in the
wrapper as a small HFS partition ?

--
SBVBEEV - Yatch//