Happy New Year - and Kernel 2.2.10??? ((-;

Wolf Drechsel hfs-interest@ccs.neu.edu
Wed, 5 Jan 2000 18:44:40 +0100

>I believe HFS support is included with kernel 2.2.X.
>
>On an "out of the box" Redhat 6.0 system (kernel 2.2.5), I've just loaded the
>supplied hfs.o module using 'modprobe hfs.o' and mounted an HFS volume.
>
>James Pearson

Dear James,

thanks for Your reply.

I have to entitle myself as the "most stupid penguin of the ... let's be
optimistic ... century"....

I've compiled the hfs into the kernel - and it works - I only applied the
wrong mount command
(mount -t hfs /dev/fd0 /floppy instead of mount /dev/fd0 /floppy -t hfs).

One thing remains:
My system only allows "root"  to mount hfs  - and nobody else. Can this be
changed?

Thanks and greetings

WD

Wolf Drechsel