Problems with mounting CD ROM w/hfsutils?

Deirdre Saoirse hfs-interest@ccs.neu.edu
Fri, 11 Dec 1998 14:50:02 -0800 (PST)

I tried to mount an HFS cd-rom (burned with Adaptec's Toast a couple of
months ago) and got:

[root@rockhopper /root]# hmount /dev/cdrom /mnt
/dev/cdrom: contains 1 HFS partition
hmount: /dev/cdrom: not a Macintosh HFS volume (Invalid argument)

I tried three separate CDs, all of which worked fine on a Mac.

I'm running Linux (RedHat for Intel) and the CD-ROM drive in question is
an ATAPI sporting SCSI emulation in the kernel (so it thinks it's a SCSI
cd-rom). I don't *think* that's the problem though.

--
_Deirdre  Geek for Hire (will work for unix) http://www.deirdre.net
"Life is like a sewer. What you get out of it depends on what