hfs_fs snapshot released

Paul H. Hargrove hfs-interest@ccs.neu.edu
Thu, 10 Apr 1997 00:10:49 -0700 (PDT)

C. L. McAvaney writes:
[snip]
> I have been having problems since the 0.8.x series with "unresolved symbols in
> side the module" (or whatever the error message is) when I do a depmod -a to
> finish the installation!
>
> Have you had a similar problem??
> It was working fine up until the new 0.8.x versions.
[snip]

One possible explanation is the MODVERSONS compile problem, which is
(I think) finally fixed in the new snapshot.  I thought I had fixed it
in 0.8.3, but all I did was break it for a slightly different set of
configurations.

The other possibility that comes to mind is that your kernel source
tree (especially /usr/src/linux/include/linux/autoconf.h which is
generated by "make config") might not correspond to the currently
running kernel.

If neither of these seems to be the problem, then try "depmod -a -e"
which should list the unresolved symbols and send me the output along
witht the output of the BUG_INFO script from the hfs_fs source
directory.
--
Paul H. Hargrove                   All material not otherwise attributed
hargrove@sccm.stanford.edu         is the opinion of the author or a typo.