CDROMs and Win95

dave hfs-interest@ccs.neu.edu
Sat, 8 Mar 1997 21:35:49 -0500 (EST)

Hi all.  I'm using hfs.o to mount a few Mac CDROMs, and sharing them with
mars_nwe, the netware emulator, for Win95 machines.

I haven't gotten much of a responce from the mars people, so hoped I could
ask here.  My problem is that mars responds that it can't read properly
the .* files.  For example:

NWCONN   1:Cannot map inode=1073741826, dev=2816, namespace=4 to vol=2
handle
NWCONN   1:nw_search_file_dir:Cannot add entry '.rootinfo'
NWCONN   1:Cannot map inode=-1073741822, dev=2816, namespace=4 to vol=2
handle
NWCONN   1:nw_search_file_dir:Cannot add entry '.finderinfo'

This is a CDROM that was pressed that contains some client info, not a
commercial CDROM.

Maybe I will get lucky, and someone else is also having this trouble.  Is
there a way to either hide or otherwise these files in the first place?
Maybe I am configuring mars incorrectly?

Thanks for any ideas,
Dave Wreski