New snapshot of HFS module for Linux

Paul H. Hargrove hfs-interest@ccs.neu.edu
Mon, 5 Aug 1996 19:52:47 -0700 (PDT)

The latest development snapshot of my HFS filesystem module for Linux is
now available as
http://www-sccm.stanford.edu/~hargrove/HFS/hfs_fs_snapshot-05Aug96.tar.gz

It has been over 3 months since my last snapshot release and I've made
quite a few changes to the internal workings so I'd appreciate it if
those people who have tested out previous snapshots give this one a
good workout.

Many small nit-picky bugs and a couple serious (but never reported)
ones have been fixed.

The only significant change in functionallity since the 27Apr96 snapshot
is that rename() is done, so 'mv' will now work on an HFS disk.

If one ignores the Finder meta-data and the resource fork, the HFS
filesystem is now as functional as the MSDOS or VFAT filesystems.

Please try it out and send me reports, both positive and negative.

If things are OK then a 0.7 release will be available soon.

----
Paul H. Hargrove                   All material not otherwise attributed
hargrove@sccm.stanford.edu         is the opinion of the author or a typo.