[mad-user] Playing Internet Streams with Madplay

Mark Kane mark at mkproductions.org
Thu Oct 12 12:11:34 PDT 2006

On Thu, Oct 12, 2006, at 11:55:42 -0700, Rob Leslie wrote:
> On Oct 8, 2006, at 11:30 AM, Mark Kane wrote:
> > This may be a stupid question, but I've read through the madplay
> > man page and online documentation several times and I cannot get
> > an MP3 Internet radio station (SHOUTcast) to play with madplay.
> >
> > Every time I try on the command line, I get:

> > [mixx941 at amd64:~]% madplay http://stream.com:8000
> > MPEG Audio Decoder 0.15.2 (beta) - Copyright (C) 2000-2004 Robert
> > Leslie et al.
> > http://stream.com:8000: No such file or directory
kept insisting there is a way to play streams with madplay directly so I
thought I was missing something. I tried piping it into madplay
using cURL which worked great on the command line, but pipes wouldn't
work in Asterisk's music on hold.

Thanks again.

-Mark

--
Internet Radio:
Party107 (Trance/Electronic) - http://www.party107.com

IRC:
MIXXnet IRC Network - irc.mixxnet.net (Nick: MIXX941)