[mad-dev] question about left channel frequency information in stereo mode

Shiming Dong dong_sm@yahoo.com
Sun, 15 Aug 2004 20:31:04 -0700 (PDT)

--0-502699810-1092627064=:72361

Hi there:

I met with a new problem in the stereo mode: The two channels have different sound information and I only need to detect a tone with the specific frequency in the left channel. What changes shall I make for the following formula if I have two channels and each channel has 576 units pcm information.

Thank you!

shiming

> 1. I use mad library to get the pcm data of a marker tone, each frame
> contain 576 samples. I turned each 16 bits integer samples into floating
> point by divided by 32768. And I put it into a floating point array
> pcm[576].
>
> 2. I tried to do fourier transformation to those pcm data:
> Fk = sum (pcm[i] * cos(2*pi*k*i / N))
>
> N = 576
> i: from 0 to N
> k: from 0 to N / 2
> F[288]: is a floating point array

Thank you!

shiming

--0-502699810-1092627064=:72361

<DIV>Hi there:</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I met with a new problem in the stereo mode: The two channels have different sound information and I only need to detect a tone with the specific frequency in the left channel. What changes shall I make for the following formula if I have two channels and each channel has&nbsp;576 units pcm information. </DIV>
<DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Thank you!<BR></DIV>
<DIV>shiming</DIV>
<DIV><BR>&gt; 1. I use mad library to get the pcm data of a marker tone, each frame <BR>&gt; contain 576 samples. I turned each 16 bits integer samples into floating <BR>&gt; point by divided by 32768. And I put it into a floating point array <BR>&gt; pcm[576]. <BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; 2. I tried to do fourier transformation to those pcm data:<BR>&gt; Fk = sum (pcm[i] * cos(2*pi*k*i / N))<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; N = 576<BR>&gt; i: from 0 to N<BR>&gt; k: from 0 to N / 2<BR>&gt; F[288]: is a floating point array<BR>&gt; <BR></DIV>
<DIV>Thank you!</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>shiming</DIV></DIV><p>
		<hr size=1>Do you Yahoo!?<br>